Technical Instructional Designer/Developer
Auth0’s mission is to help developers innovate faster. Every company is becoming a software company and developers are at the center of this shift. They need better tools and building blocks so they can stay focused on innovating. One of these building blocks is identity: authentication and authorization. That’s what we do. Our platform handles 2.5B logins per month for thousands of customers around the world. From indie makers to Fortune 500 companies, we can handle any use case. We like to think that we are helping make the internet safer.
We have raised $210M to date and are growing quickly. Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles.
Join us on this journey to make developers more productive while making the internet safer!
The Instructional Designer is a new role at Auth0, focused on educating software developers on Identity and the Auth0 product via product training videos for Auth0’s Universal Identity Platform. As the first person hired in this role, the role will be responsible for the entire video content production chain. This is a hands-on position that includes overall course design, conducting informational interviews with subject matter experts, outline and script-writing, video production, screen capture and recording, editing, motion design, and sound design. A successful candidate will have a strong software development and training background, and must be an effective communicator that can handle multiple projects from beginning to end, under tight and evolving deadlines.
- Design and creation of courses and course series.
- Authoring course outlines, video outlines, and video scripts.
- Work with a wide variety of stakeholders including executive level to both create and review content.
- Knowledge of digital asset management, audio mixing, and production techniques.
- Consistently demonstrate video and animation production process best practices.
- Edit video content in a way that is discrete and cohesive to audience.
- Bring extraordinary attention to detail to managing multiple video projects, versioning, and receiving feedback from project owners.
- Self-motivated to continually raise the creative bar.
- 2-3 years knowledge and proven experience with at least one web development language/technology e.g. NodeJS, .NET, Java, etc.
- 1-2 years of video editing experience in creating educational videos.
- Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong portfolio.
- Demonstrated experience with digital technology and editing software packages (e.g. Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects and Final Cut); Adobe Premiere Pro preferred.
- Understanding of the online video environment and online distribution; interest in learning new/emerging platforms and tools.
- Candidates with familiarity and background in Identity strongly preferred.
- Ability to manage a variety of simultaneous projects within tight deadlines, excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as effectively in a collaborative team environment.
- Intuitively creative with strong and storytelling skills.
- Organized, driven, and fast; You get the big picture but you catch the details, and you don’t let things slip through the cracks.
- #US; #AR;
Auth0 is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Read Full Job Description