Sr. Experience Strategist
At projekt202, we are focused on creating experiences that engage, innovate, disrupt and delight. Our team is passionate about user-centric design and development and enjoys delivering amazing concepts and technical solutions for our courageous clients. We enjoy working together to share our expertise and solve our clients’ business challenges. We have fun and enjoy hanging out with each other in a culture that supports and celebrates our diverse talents, backgrounds and skills.
What you care about
*You draw energy from human interaction. You're confident but not pompous.
*You are driven to know more, to know why, to ask what if.
*You're a born collaborator, and truly appreciate the perspectives of other brains. You respect and attract your colleagues and client's opinions. You believe that you very well might not know the answer. You ask great questions.
*You thrive in uncharted territory. The uncertain and unknown are your playgrounds. Your personal compass pushes you out of your comfort zones. Your leadership inspires your colleagues and earns the respect of our clients.
*You are a communicator. You are able to take an ask and turn it into understandable and actionable ideas. You break down the complex into the simple.
The Senior Experience Strategist is a passionate, well-rounded strategist that leads generative and evaluative research to uncover user and business opportunities for our clients’ products and services. The Senior Experience Strategist directly collaborates with Experience Researchers, UX Designers, and Technologists in order to help focus experience strategy and design on the reality of user and business needs.
The Senior Experience Strategist is responsible for: explaining the value of qualitative and quantitative research and identifying the appropriate approach and methods for each project; planning and leading research activities; confidently articulating how research findings inform user experience strategy and design; translating insights into clear, actionable recommendations to communicate to clients and internal team members; and leading and mentoring other researchers and designers on the project team.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Develops an empathic understanding of a product or service’s users through qualitative (and some quantitative) research techniques, and an understanding of a client’s business, industry, product /service portfolio, brand and position through generative and evaluative research techniques, including:
- Clearly articulating the research goals for the discovery effort
- Conducting stakeholder interviews and client workshops
- Conducting industry and market research
- Analyzing and evaluating existing data on the client’s business, such as balances, projections, market research
- Conducting primary qualitative ethnographic research in the field, observing users
- Conducting data synthesis of primary and secondary qualitative and (sometimes) quantitative data
- Collaboratively generating creative ideas for business opportunities and product/service solutions that are tied to user needs, desires, and motivations Creating actionable outputs for the client and internal teams
- Collaborates with the team to produce wireframe concepts, storyboards, and value propositions to communicate concepts, plan how to validate them and demonstrate the potential business value
- Conducts validation studies with users
- Usability testing of prototypes, designs, and code
- At times, works within an agile process with designers and developers
- Tests concepts for desirability and product/market fit using a variety of techniques
- Evaluates potential concepts using test results and business/market data
- Creates a strategic vision for the design of the experience that fits the client’s organizational culture and values, using diverse inputs
- Develops a vision for the product, application, or service, based on the research
- Creates design principles to guide the design and development of the product
- Creates an experience-based roadmap for the product that prioritizes opportunities
- Designs conceptual models that communicate findings and presents to stakeholders, using projekt202 templates
- Coordinates with other team members to produce attractive, easy-to-read deliverables and develops deliverable formats that fit the client’s organization and ensures that the client gains maximum value from them
- Develops relationships with key stakeholders throughout the organization and acts as a trusted advisor to clients and other team members
- Works with the Creative Director and Project Manager to manage deliverables and timeline
- Works with Solution Architects to evaluate opportunities from a technology point of view
- Contributes to the Experience Research & Insights (ESI) practice
- Helps mentor team members on research methods and techniques
- Keeps up-to-date on methodological trends and discussions
- Develops and refines research methods and processes
- Acts as an advocate for user experience research and its integration with design
- Identifies and proactively raises risks when deliverables are in jeopardy of not being completed in on time or of appropriate quality
- Fields, documents, and ensures resolution of client/vendor questions, requests and concerns via appropriate projekt202 team members
- 5+ years’ professional experience with qualitative user research activities, including but not limited to: contextual inquiry and ethnographic techniques, participatory design, heuristic evaluation, usability testing, persona creation, and user journey mapping.
- Proven ability to work within a fast-paced, collaborative design process to uncover insights and opportunities that inform the design of products, services, and experiences
- Skilled in client interactions; previous experience working in a consulting environment is preferred
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proven ability to work as an effective team member and ability to motivate others
- Problem solver (not just good at pointing them out) and negotiator
- Solid organizational skills and attention to detail
- Abreast of UX design best practices, trends and techniques
- Familiarity with design tools, such as InDesign and Illustrator
- Experience with quantitative research methods and data analysis
- Experience with and knowledge of business administration, marketing, organizational psychology and trend analysis
- Ability to develop creative solutions for tools, deliverable formats and recommendations
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle a plus
- Ability to travel for research activities and client meetings
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Previous consulting experience is preferred
- Bachelor and/or Master Degree in a Relevant Field of Study (i.e. Human-centered Design, Human Factors, Anthropology, Interaction Design, Service Design, etc.)
For more information, visit www.projekt202.com or find us on Twitter @projekt202. We are an equal opportunity employer.
If this sounds like you, let's talk. Please visit www.projekt202.com to hear from our leadership team on why you should join us on this amazing journey!
Direct applicants only, no agency submittals please.
At this time, projekt202 does not provide sponsorship.
Read Full Job Description