Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the world’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
Our global headquarters are in Seattle, Washington in the United States, working closely with our teams in Spokane, Berlin, London, and Barcelona. We have a track record of being recognized as a great place to work, having been named among Seattle's 'Best Places to Work' in Seattle Business Magazine and the Puget Sound Business Journal for three years running. We're an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world's most respected tech companies. Our pioneering approach to people and pups alike landed us on the list of GeekWire’s Next Tech Titan in 2019 and the World's Most Innovative Companies in 2018 by Fast Company. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
What we’re looking for:
We’re hiring a versatile, highly experienced UX Researcher to redefine and lead the User Research program at Rover. As part of the larger User Experience team at Rover, you'll be responsible for defining the core and emerging pet business line customer experiences. An experience rooted in trust; both online and offline. The team focuses efforts on creating and fostering meaningful relationships between pet owners and pet providers.
As a senior UX researcher, you will be responsible for defining, leading, and managing research efforts to improve the holistic Rover customer experience. You have a passion for mentoring other researchers/designers, and evangelizing the role of user research and qualitative customer data within the company. Your research learnings will empower product teams with rich actionable insights for every step of the product development lifecycle and help determine future direction for the company.
- Conduct formative and evaluative product research across the product lifecycle.
- Be scrappy and comfortable getting the answers you need without a lab.
- Conduct qualitative research: usability testing, concept testing, ethnography/contextual inquiry, observation, in-depth interviews.
- Conduct VoC research: surveys/questionnaires, feedback forums, customer support contacts, focus groups, etc.
- Highlight user insights and behavior trends.
- Conduct conversation and ZD ticket analysis to understand the “why” of issues identified in the product.
- Synthesize research to identify product use cases and user types.
- Influence product direction and strategy using actionable research insights.
- Create narratives to frame problems and highlight ROI of potential solutions.
- Help shape the long term vision and experience of the platform.
- Build and scale an internal knowledge share to help us stay connected to our users.
- Bachelors or Masters in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Centered Design, Psychology, Information Science, or equivalent.
- 5+ years of industry UX Researcher, Analyst, or similar role experience demonstrated in a portfolio of projects.
- Experience managing projects involving cross-functional teams.
- Proven record of having successfully influenced product direction and strategy using actionable insights synthesized from research learnings.
- Expert knowledge of multi-method research methodologies that span the product development life cycle from concept to launch such as lab studies, field research, iterative prototype testing, and surveys/questionnaires.
- Extensive experience with research design and statistical analysis including issues related to hypothesis testing – in particular, sample size evaluation and confidence in results.
- Demonstrated thought leadership in the field of UX research.
- Experience working in the context of a two-sided marketplace.
- Mastery of survey tools (e.g. SurveyMonkey, Qualaroo) and familiarity with analytics languages (e.g. SQL).
- A passion for mentoring and developing other researchers and designers at Rover.
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1,000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- 50 free dog walks a year
Candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.