Lead UX Researcher
Do you believe that the best products are built by teams who focus on understanding user behavior? Do you dream of working in a dynamic, iterative environment where research insights can have an immediate impact on a product’s user experience? If so, then Expedia, the world’s largest travel company, wants to talk to you.
We are a diverse and inclusive organization. As a team, we focus on a drive for results. We are looking for experienced and hardworking UX Researchers with proven methodological skills and ability to use research to impact decisions in a dynamic, agile environment.
You are great for this job if:
- You have excellent research skills with a record of delivering insights that influence product and design decisions
- You are motivated by a sense of accomplishment and real passion for the work
- You are known for clear written and spoken communication skills
- You have proven project management skills and are able to strike the balance between being agile and applying rigor
- You practice self-awareness and strive to be your best self while finding common ground and building rapport with your peers
- We believe that observations are key, that understanding the “why” is critical. We're looking for researchers who can embrace our research philosophy and excel at delivering research insights.
- As a Lead User Researcher, you will define and execute on the user research program and daily processes for multiple product areas using a variety of research methods.
- Ownership of strategic research efforts across several product areas
- Conduct generative research to impact your product teams through storytelling
- You will collaborate with product and UX teams to outline research plans, execute research, consolidate findings, and present actionable insights.
- Plan, design, and lead research strategy that inform business, marketing, product and design decisions for multiple product areas
- Determine what research to go after and focus on, based on business objectives and knowledge gaps
- Define and consolidate quantitative and qualitative research, including surveys, lab-based usability studies, field studies, and more to provide insights on requirements definition, content strategy, wireframes, visual and interaction design
- Work closely with partners across multiple teams to clearly define and prioritize user research needs and lead efforts to execute on necessary research
- Identify and recommend the best methods to answer research questions and prioritize them according to schedule and opportunity constraints
- Actively find opportunities to improve the user experience across several product areas
- Be accountable for ensuring quality of user research within your areas of focus
- Consolidate research findings, often from multiple sources, into a short, concise, actionable story for design and product teams
- Describe and present your methods, design explorations and tradeoff rationale to peers, team partners, product partners, UX leadership & executives
- Estimate work effort and define needed deliverables
- To be a successful Lead User Researcher, it is a given that you are a detailed thinker with a strong sense of curiosity that is grounded in cognitive science.
- We also seek someone with a creative streak, a love for experimentation and the desire and skills to deliver quickly.
- Extensive practical experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- Advanced ability to articulate and visualize both qualitative and qualitative results
- Experience working firsthand with UX design and software product teams
- Ability to plan and lead generative research to define new design concepts
- Ability to develop creative, flexible and rapid approaches to user experience problems
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.