Auth0, a global leader in Identity-as-a-Service (IDaaS), provides thousands of enterprise customers with a Universal Identity Platform for their web, mobile, IoT, and internal applications. Its extensible platform seamlessly authenticates and secures more than 2.5B logins per month, making it loved by developers and trusted by global enterprises. Auth0 has raised more than $110 million to date and continues its global growth at a rapid pace. We are consistently recognized as a great place to work based our outstanding leadership and dedication to company culture, and are looking for the best people to join our incredible team spread across more than 35 countries!
The Instructional Designer is a new role at Auth0, focused on educating software developers on Identity and the Auth0 product via product training videos for Auth0’s Universal Identity Platform. As the first person hired in this role, the role will be responsible for the entire video content production chain. This is a hands-on position that includes overall course design, conducting informational interviews with subject matter experts, outline and script-writing, video production, screen capture and recording, editing, motion design, and sound design. A successful candidate will have a strong software development and training background, and must be an effective communicator that can handle multiple projects from beginning to end, under tight and evolving deadlines.
- Design and creation of courses and course series.
- Authoring course outlines, video outlines, and video scripts.
- Work with a wide variety of stakeholders including executive level to both create and review content.
- Knowledge of digital asset management, audio mixing, and production techniques.
- Consistently demonstrate video and animation production process best practices.
- Edit video content in a way that is discrete and cohesive to audience.
- Bring extraordinary attention to detail to managing multiple video projects, versioning, and receiving feedback from project owners.
- Self-motivated to continually raise the creative bar.
- 2-3 years knowledge and proven experience with at least one web development language/technology e.g. NodeJS, .NET, Java, etc.
- 1-2 years of video editing experience in creating educational videos.
- Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong portfolio.
- Demonstrated experience with digital technology and editing software packages (e.g. Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects and Final Cut); Adobe Premiere Pro preferred.
- Understanding of the online video environment and online distribution; interest in learning new/emerging platforms and tools.
- Candidates with familiarity and background in Identity strongly preferred.
- Ability to manage a variety of simultaneous projects within tight deadlines, excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as effectively in a collaborative team environment.
- Intuitively creative with strong and storytelling skills.
- Organized, driven, and fast; You get the big picture but you catch the details, and you don’t let things slip through the cracks.
- (GMT-4); (GMT-5); (GMT-6); (GMT-7); (GMT-8); (GMT-9)
Auth0 is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.
Read Full Job Description