Sr. Commercial Analytics Manager
At Expedia Group, we are passionate about using Data and Analytics to create an amazing travel experience and help people go places. We are looking for an extraordinary individual to join Expedia Group Commercial Strategy and Services team to lead our commercial analytics and deal modeling efforts. This is an opportunity to be a part of a fun, exciting and data-driven company and partner with global strategy and supply teams to design inspiring and actionable business plans, powered by quantitative insight. If you’re passionate about using data to drive positive change as part of a high-performing Analytics and Insights team, this may be the role for you.
What you'll do
In this role you will be the commercial analytics and finance lead for airline partnerships. You will be leveraging strong stakeholder relationships, using data and business judgement to provide robust decision support and guidance to the commercial team for various partnership initiatives, performance objectives and key milestones. More specifically, you will:
- Be the analytics lead for negotiations; create financial models to assess the opportunity size, determine most suitable commercial structure, carry out sensitivity analysis to advise on risk and opportunity, review contracts
- Support the account management team with setting short, medium and long-term strategy and forecast for the partnership, identify and communicate risks and opportunities; build and maintain financial models to support this process
- Analyze and assess business performance (macro and micro level) and provide account management team with actionable insights and recommendations for use in setting and realizing profit objectives
- Analyze performance against contractual commitments, proactively highlight risks and suggest mitigation strategies
- Perform ad-hoc analysis to evaluate the impact of implementation restrictions and changes and provide decision support to commercial and product teams accordingly
- Provide input into weekly, monthly and quarterly partnership updates and create presentation slides, as necessary
- Some travel may be required to support commercial negotiations
Who you are
- Proven ability to lead/act as analytics/finance business partner with demonstrable experience and success in supporting commercial negotiations
- Proven ability to analyze data effectively, interpret and present data in a compelling format to drive actions
- Proven ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize effectively and meet deadlines
- Ability to build effective relationships with various stakeholders, e.g. account management, finance, strategy, product, operations and external partners
- Advanced knowledge of Excel with experience of manipulating large datasets and financial modelling
- Hyperion Planning/Essbase and SQL experience desired, but not essential.
- Highly analytical with strong numerical skills
- Experienced and enthusiastic working in dynamic, entrepreneurial environments
- Someone who thrives in large, global, fast moving organizations
- Excellent communicator and influencer
- Experience with analysis, forecasting, budgeting and management reporting including proven success in streamlining processes
- Experience working in travel industry, ideally in a finance or revenue management role
- Proven experience working with cross functional teams across multiple time zones
- A proactive problem solver
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.