Senior Analyst, Pricing & Yield
ExpediaAbout Expedia Group Media Solutions:
Expedia Group Media Solutions is dedicated to building creative media partnerships for travel advertisers enabling them to use Expedia's network of leading travel brands and global sites. We have revolutionized the way brands reach and connect with online travel consumers, emerging as a leader in online advertising among travel and e-commerce brands. With a growing product portfolio offering a multitude of advertising and sponsorship opportunities, our Media Solutions team at Expedia has created a viable marketing platform for advertising partners to reach the 144+ million worldwide monthly unique visitors that visit Expedia Group sites.
The Media Solutions' Pricing & Yield team is looking for a senior data analyst to analyze price and inventory data resulting from serving our content to millions of users. We value rigor and creativity in our analysis and believe in the power of a motivated & empowered team. There is so much we want to do and we need strong analysts who can navigate massive data sets, solve challenging problems, and jump into new projects. Your work will touch systems at scale that reach people all around the world, while having a significant impact on our business. We connect travelers with meaningful destinations. Expedia Group has revolutionized the travel industry by applying technology and we are committed to enabling travelers through continued innovation. We are focused on building relevant experiences and our products aren't just about monetization, they align with our passion for travel. We help customize the shopping experience for each user and bring them closer to their next big adventure.
Senior Yield Analyst (Digital Advertising)
Do you enjoy tackling complex problems? Do large data sets excite you? Do you like math? Do you find yourself thinking “I should make a spreadsheet to analyze that” in your personal life? If so, read on, we might have the job for you.
The Pricing & Yield team in Expedia Group’s Media Solutions business think numbers make the world go around, or at least in the part of the world that we work in. We believe the bigger the data the better. There is also a strong correlation between the complexity of a problem and the level of happiness we feel when we solve it.
You will be a key team member and play a critical role in our work to drive the business forward, faster and farther by solving problems and trying unheard-of things in our industry.
Buzzwords that you’ll get to put on your resume include: revenue and yield management, dynamic pricing models, SQL, Excel spreadsheets, digital advertising, inventory forecasting and whatever you can convince us is worthwhile to work on. You’ll apply your skills across the Expedia Group network of websites including Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, CheapTickets, Wotif and others. We operate more than 100 branded points of sale in more than 60 countries and this is where big data, scale and problem complexity come into play.
If your experience and interests align and you’ve been referred to as highly analytical, meticulous, and a strong communicator, we have an opportunity for you. Please apply.
- Develop and deploy KPI reporting suite to inform Sales team about product inventory availability
- Build and maintain management/dashboard reporting, identifying key performance trends and drivers of sold volume, supply, ad product mix, pricing, and sell-through for partners
- Analyze KPI drivers to optimize pricing, improve products, and add customer value
- Become a power user and subject matter expert for our yield management system (YieldEx), providing support and training to promote the usage of data insights
- Respond to ad hoc data requests and analyses to provide actionable insights to partner teams including Sales, Product, Operations and Finance
- Communicate and work effectively with many internal partners
- BA/BS in Business, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, or similar analytic field
- Consultative, analytical approach towards delivering business results and process improvements
- 4+ years of work experience; hands-on experience in online advertising pricing and yield management is helpful.
- Capacity to provide high level of customer service to partners at all levels of an organization.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical experience and business insight.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Working knowledge of SQL and/ or relational databases
- Experience working with online advertising platforms such as DFP, YieldEx, Omniture, etc.
- Python, R or VBA programming skills are helpful
About Expedia Group
Our mission is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology.
Collectively, the Expedia Group brands cover virtually every aspect of researching, planning, and booking travel, from choosing the best airplane seat, to reading personal travel reviews of hotels, to planning what to do in a destination once you arrive. The Expedia Group portfolio serves both leisure and business travelers with tastes and budgets ranging from modest to luxury. Expedia delivers consumer travel demand from nearly every continent to nearly 149,000 hotels and hundreds of airlines, tour operators, car rental companies and destination services supply partners. Please visit http://bit.ly/expediabrands to learn more about our travel brands.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.