In just a little over a decade, PitchBook has grown into a global organization with offices in Seattle, San Francisco, New York, London and Mumbai. With consistent high double-digit growth since 2009, the company has become the industry's leading source of private market data, serving more than 4,000 clients around the world.
As a five-time winner of the Best Workplaces in Washington award, PitchBook is committed to fostering an open, collaborative work environment driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. Our culture is at the heart of our success, and it's something we work on every day.
Our primary home for the last decade, PitchBook's Seattle office is located just blocks away from Pike Place Market and historic Pioneer Square. Our headquarters boast stunning mountain views, open collaboration spaces and a startup culture that emphasizes hard work and camaraderie. Working in our Seattle office means growing your career alongside smart, dedicated people in the city where it all began.
About the Role:
Are you a naturally inquisitive person who enjoys digging into the details? Are you looking for a role where you can make an impact, gain product operational experience, and join a rapidly growing company that has opportunities at the next level for high performers across several departments? If so, we'd love to talk!
In this role, you will join one of our dataset teams with an initial focus on mastering our proprietary data entry tool and research process. Once mastered, you will help our teams collect data on the private capital markets, improve data collection operations, and provide quality checks of existing data. Please note this role is more closely aligned to a product operational role than academic or marketing research.
Nearly everyone in Research starts as a Research Associate. This development approach creates a pathway for our Research Associates to grow into Senior Research Associates, Team Leads and Research Managers within a specific dataset team in the Research department, or to transition to a variety of roles on other teams at PitchBook.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Ramping up to become an expert in one of PitchBook's core research areas by collecting, and entering data on private companies within a specific dataset into the PitchBook Platform
- Reviewing previously-researched information to provide feedback to other researchers
- Collaborating cross-culturally with global teams
- Communicating effectively and efficiently with internal stakeholders in person and through email
- Working with your team to develop and improve processes, tools and methodologies.
Skills and Qualifications:
- A high attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and in written materials
- Dedication to continuous improvement
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Interest in the private equity, venture capital and M&A industries
- 1 – 2 years of professional work experience, which could be in the form of an internship
- Interest in leading, training or developing remote teams is a plus
- Bachelor's degree required
At PitchBook, we provide transparency into the capital markets by organizing the world's meaningful business information and making it useful to our customers. We work tirelessly to arm global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape-including companies, investors, funds, investments, exits and people-so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. Our data and analysis are available through our award-winning flagship product, the PitchBook Platform, as well as our powerful suite of integrated tools, industry news and in-depth reports.
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.