Manager, Data Engineering
Egencia is Expedia Group’s business travel company. In the same spirit, we are pioneers in the industry. Always solutions oriented, we value human contact. Egencia's teams collaborate globally to provide business travelers with the best possible user experience every single day.
How often do you get the opportunity be with a company that feels like a startup environment but has funding of our parent company? That’s what you would be doing if you were our Engineering Manager at Egencia. The team's responsibilities span embedded reporting services, data integration supporting customers and internal business area. We are looking for someone who can establish BI and data application architecture, standard methodologies, and deliver on our multi-year initiative to evolve our platform to be best in class. While providing overall managerial guidance and leadership, you also understand and contribute to architecting a large scale system that will be used by both internal and external parties.
We are seeking an experienced leader, a passionate technologist and someone who is dedicated to solving real-world business problems.
- Lead and develop your team of Data Engineers, BI Developers, Software Engineers
- Apply industry best practices and new technology to enhance productivity, quality, and system performance
- Lead the team through design, development, and deployment of new functionality
- Work closely with other engineering teams to create the platform vision and evolve the product roadmap
- Evangelize and drive adoption of platform technologies by other development teams
- Improve our platform by using existing technology, building new technology, or evaluate and integrate 3rd party solutions
- Set appropriate project backlogs and run ongoing changes
- Stay on top of the latest technologies and trends, looking for ways to innovate on the technology platform
- Provide management and oversight of staff including performance evaluations, coaching, recruiting, and disciplinary actions
- Strong and effective communication skills - both written and verbal
- Demonstrate a positive, results-oriented attitude
- 5+ years of Business Intelligence (BI) and Data Engineering development experience
- 3+ years' experience in management
- 1+ years in developing AWS data engineering solutions
- Strong knowledge of data integration and business intelligence
- Experience with large scale, mission critical systems
- Knowledge of market trends including cloud technology
- Track-record of technical leadership including an ability to handle and improve technical development processes
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Knowledge of the travel industry, a plus
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or related field
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.