Machine Learning Engineer II
Are you passionate about Machine Learning? Do you love building creative, high-scale distributed systems using a diverse set of state-of-the-art technologies? You have an ambitious spirit, are deeply technical and analytical, and look for the opportunity to build AI solutions to problems that directly impact the company's bottom line. Our team wants to talk to you!
Expedia Enterprise Risk & Security (ERS) group is focused on a single mission to protect Expedia Group from financial loss and brand damage. We work on key risk problems associated with merchant and supplier fraud, account takeover, and more. As a Software Engineer, you will collaborate with highly skilled engineers, data scientists, and program managers to build a wide range of machine learning models. This requires the use of sophisticated distributed systems, real-time scoring environment, and the application of advanced statistical techniques. As part of your job, you will handle large amounts of training data, rapidly prototype new models that meet stringent performance requirements, perform offline and online testing and push these models to production.
What you’ll do
- Build scalable, high-performance software/system for productionalizing scoring models
- Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development, validation and, implementation.
- Provide accurate time estimates for your scope of work, turn it into code, and deliver on schedule.
- Work closely with scientists and engineering teams to create and deploy new features.
- Advocate for quality coding. Write secure, stable, testable, maintainable code with minimal defects.
Who you are
- 4+ years of software development experience
- Coding proficiency in at least one modern programming language (Java, Scala, Python etc.). Strong background in data structures and algorithms
- Experience working in Big Data and AWS Technologies (S3, EC2, EMR, lambda function, etc.).
- Experience with automated testing, including unit, functional, and integration testing
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in CS or equivalent
- Experience with machine learning techniques and technologies (Spark, Kafka, highly distributed and multi-sourced data pipelines, etc.) is preferred
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.