Global Planning & Forecasting Analyst (m/f/d)
Egencia is the corporate business travel arm of Expedia (that’s right, we know you love to travel, and you might have heard of some of our other brands; Travelocity, Orbitz, VRBO just to name a few), but behind the scenes and screens, we operate on the other end of the corporate spectrum. We do not feel that there is a need to wear a suit to work, but we do feel the need to make sure that those who do are fully supported when they need to travel for the business.
Who You Are:
Picture yourself as a Global Planning and Forecasting Analyst. Sure, it is a big title, and you will wear very big shoes and multiple hats; you will be responsible for the demand forecasting, capacity and staff planning for multiple clients and points of sale across both our own contact centers, and for our outsourced vendor partners. And do this ACROSS THE GLOBE, but this is just the start...
- You understand business and analytics beyond just forecasting.
- You’re at home analyzing years of operations and customer data to find innovative ways to do business.
- You’re comfortable using a variety of statistical tools to inform our business and you’re not afraid to learn more (whether that’s time-series analysis or multi-variable regression).
- You are a Champion of Change and will do what it takes to recognize inefficiencies and not just take “that’s the way it is” as the status quo.
- You have an insatiable curiosity to discover how things work and aren’t afraid to get dirty when you find things that need fixing.
- You have a bias to action that drives you to not just identify issues, but to solve them.
- You are an analyst who can sort through imperfect data and see through the ambiguity to make recommendations to senior business leaders.
What You’ll Do:
Egencia has big growth targets and you can be a part of the team that leads the Workforce strategy to enable those targets. From finding efficiency, to improving the overall customer experience, to helping Egencia continue to be a great place to work. You will sit in the middle of it all, pushing us all to greatness.
- You will use detailed historic demand and operations data to craft an omni-channel Demand forecast, build a staffing plan, and align with our vendor partners to enable consistent and infallible customer service.
- You will identify headwinds and tailwinds to operations and facilitate strategy conversations with our business partners to capitalize on the opportunities and mitigate the risks.
- You will demonstrate the data developed in our online platform to conduct analysis that helps develop a detailed understanding of our clients and customers.
- You’ll also sit with operations managers and associates to uncover all the challenges and barriers in the way of perfection.
- You will work with Finance to ensure consistency of each new financial growth forecast, and provide financial estimates for contact center staffing expenses; monitor actual expenses versus budget.
- You will also maintain a working dialogue with our finance partners to report and approve variances.
Why Join Us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Are you getting tired of working over the same numbers, feeling like you have little impact in day to day operations? Are you ready to step up to a ground-breaking Global Technology company, supported by the world’s largest online travel platform? Then we at Egencia are waiting for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.