Data Visualization Engineer
Convoy is looking for an extraordinary Data Visualization Engineer. The mission is to deliver intelligence through crafting visual exploratory data analysis tools for Convoy’s datasets. You will not steer clear of complexity or ambiguity. Peers describe you as the go-to person for the most challenging data ingestion and modeling problems. Detail-orientation, thoroughly tested code, and great documentation are the key tenants of your work but you excel equally well at articulating concepts to a less technical audience.
- An undergraduate or Master's degree in a quantitative field (e.g. science, engineering, economics, quantitative finance, operations research, statistics, or similar) or demonstrable experience within data science and analytics.
- Experience with architecting and evolving dimensional data models & schema designs to structure data for business-relevant analytics.
- Experience ingesting and transforming structured and unstructured data from internal and third party sources into dimensional models.
- Experience writing and deploying Python, Node, or Java code.
- Experience building and operating real time streaming data pipelines Track record of successful partnerships with product and engineering teams resulting in on-time delivery of impactful data products.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges and implement data solutions which scale to meet future needs.
- Experience working in very large data warehouse environments.
- Strong written, verbal, and visual communication skills to concisely communicate in a way that provides context, offers insights, and minimizes misinterpretation.
- The skills to work cross-functionally and push business partners to focus on realistic goals and projects.
About The Role:
- You will design and develop data visualizations that help us extract key insights from our data, which might otherwise go unnoticed.
- Create compelling, clear, and powerful visualizations of our data.
- Dive into Convoy’s internal and third party data (think SQL, Python, R, Tableau) to develop solutions that will help move the business forward and enable better decisions to be made in less time.
- Figure out what's important to the business, to specific partners, and intuit core needs from people before they even realize they need it.
- Develop a common language and approach to analyzing and communicating information and insights across analytics teams
Benefits of working at Convoy:
- Health & Wellness: Taking care of your health comes first. Convoy covers 100% of your medical, dental, and vision premiums, and 85% for your family. We also provide access to the gym and showers in our building.
- In-Office Happiness: Enjoy catered meals multiple times through the week, and fully stocked fridges and pantries to keep you running full.
- Commuter Benefits: We transport the world; the least we can do is help get you to work. Every employee receives a fully paid Orca Card to get you around on the bus, light rail, or water taxi. We also provide locked bike storage if you prefer to pedal in.
- Time Off: Life outside of work matters! Convoy has a flexible vacation policy, so take the time off you need- we don’t track vacation or sick time. We also offer generous parental leave for those expecting new additions to their family.
- Compensation: We offer market competitive compensation, including stock options and a 401k plan to help save for retirement.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!
Read Full Job Description