Data Scientist - Shipper Analytics
Convoy, one of the fastest growing startups in the U.S., is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Founded in 2015, Convoy is backed by this century's leading disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, Linkedin, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others. Convoy offers the world's largest companies the best option for moving their freight through its network of via thousands of technology-connected trucking companies.
Shippers get instant quotes, real-time GPS tracking on all shipments, and actionable business analytics to improve their supply chain. Trucking companies get access to free tools and resources that allow them to find loads they want, drive fuller trucks, and get paid quickly. Convoy is growing quickly and hiring in every area. Come join a company that is literally moving the world forward!
Data Science is at the core of Convoy’s platform. It powers freight pricing, shipment offer relevance, auction bidding strategy, and other core services. The breadth of the problems space is huge, spanning optimization, causal inference, econometrics, and prediction domains. And we have only begun to dig into the difficult and diverse problems in our two-sided marketplace.
As a DS for our Biz Ops and Sales Strategy team, you will collaborate across the organization to lend analytical support to a variety of data problems. You are operational and are able to break down large problems into concrete analytical solutions. You are influential and a strong communicator. Key areas of investment could include developing pricing models, running experiments on new business opportunities, or building customer retention models.
You have the following experience:
- 1+ years of experience in Business Intelligence or Data Scientist - Analytics roles (candidates with substantially more experience are strongly encouraged to apply).
- Experience with SQL and R/Python in dynamic business environments.
- Ability to break down high level business problems into concrete analytical solutions.
- Excellent communicator that can flow across a wide range of partners (product, engineering, sales, etc).
- Use analytical and statistical rigor to solve complex problems and drive business decisions.
- Build quantitative/mathematical models and propose solutions for business problems.
- Perform statistical testing and develop metrics to quantify improvements.
- Perform deep-dives and root cause analysis to answer business questions.
Nice to have experience:
- M.S. in economics, statistics, business analytics, operations research, a natural science or equivalent quantitative subject.
- ETL pipeline experience.
- Experience with Tableau or other similar data visualization tool.
Benefits of working at Convoy:
- Health & Wellness: Taking care of your health comes first. Convoy covers 100% of your medical, dental, and vision premiums, and 85% for your family. We also provide access to the gym and showers in our building.
- In-Office Happiness: Enjoy catered meals multiple times through the week, and fully stocked fridges and pantries to keep you running full.
- Commuter Benefits: We transport the world; the least we can do is help get you to work. Every employee receives a fully paid Orca Card to get you around on the bus, light rail, or water taxi. We also provide locked bike storage if you prefer to pedal in.
- Time Off: Life outside of work matters! Convoy has a flexible vacation policy, so take the time off you need- we don’t track vacation or sick time. We also offer generous parental leave for those expecting new additions to their family.
- Compensation: We offer market competitive compensation, including stock options and a 401k plan to help save for retirement.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we are actively seeking a diverse team. If you're a collaborative team player who wants to have an outsized impact with a small, tight-knit team, we'd love to hear from you!
Read Full Job Description