Business Intelligence Analyst
We are looking for a highly motivated Business Intelligence Analyst who is passionate about data and the value proposition of data analytics and architecture in a fast-paced matrixed environment. Are you able to thrive with a high rate of change and multi-faceted data? Do you have intellectual curiosity with an analytical mindset?
What you will do:
- You will understand business needs, create core sets of reports, enable self-service reporting and contribute to business workflow optimization
- Working very closely with the business, you will support their analytics needs and bring deep, meaningful and actionable insights
- You'll communicate concise information at all levels of organization
- Design and produce analyses that answer complex business questions and synthesize and communicate findings to business leaders
- You will formulate new and creative ways of building data relationships in a highly matrixed systems landscape
Who you are:
- You have demonstrated expertise working through complex business problems and partnering with internal clients using a consultative approach
- Strong analytical/business modeling skills with ability to convert raw data into actionable reporting and scalable data architectures
- You enjoy a deep understanding of the practical application of data relationships from various and differing systems (both technical and process)
- Have proven experience in integration designs, methods and technologies that improve system performance, monitoring, scalability and availability
- Experience with ecommerce fraud or payments reporting
Additional qualifications, work Experience and education guidelines:
- 2+ years experience in business intelligence
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a relevant technical field. (Computer Science, Information Systems etc.)
- Experience with several of the following: AWS, SQL, SSIS, SSAS, Advanced data modeling skills
- A demonstrated ability to learn, acquire and utilize new technologies, disciplines and frameworks as needed
- Superior problem-solving skills, self-motivation and the capacity to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to simplify complex concepts for wide audience
- Experience with BIG Data, and relational databases
- Experience with Tableau, Qlikview, Hadoop, Terradata a plus
- Ecommerce and/or Fraud experience a plus
Why join is:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.