BI Data Analyst
WHO WE ARE
Seagull Scientific has always done one thing—and done it exceptionally well. Its BarTender® software transforms information into labels, barcodes, RFID tags, smartcards, and documents that drive business and improve safety, security, efficiency and compliance.
Headquartered in Bellevue, Washington, with branch offices in Madrid, Taipei, and Tokyo, Seagull Scientific's software is used in more than 150 countries and across virtually every industry. For more information about Seagull Scientific, please visit www.bartendersoftware.com.
WHO YOU ARE
We are looking for a creative and influential individual with a passion for data to join our team and help drive better business decisions and confidence in those decisions with data. Business Intelligence is a quickly evolving and challenging field. Are you up for the challenge?
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Provide governance, guidance, and determine best practices for all items related to master data
- Communicate clearly and work effectively with users at every level of the organization, including executive management
- Develop and maintain dashboards and reports for management review
- Design and standardize user experience across reporting platforms
- Write SQL queries supporting business needs as required
- Communicate with business owners to clearly define project requirements
- Monitor performance and integrity of reporting and data management systems
- Provide operational training and documentation for reporting and data systems
- May require occasional after-hours on-call support
- Opportunity for travel to international branch offices
WHAT WE REQUIRE
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- 3+ years’ experience developing sales and accounting business reports
- 1+ years’ experience maintaining data quality business rules and standards
- 1 or more years’ experience with Microsoft BI development tools, including Power BI
- 1 or more years’ experience with Tableau reporting tools
- Thorough knowledge of relational database architecture and SQL
- Perform peer code reviews and provide feedback
- Occasional after hours on-call support
BENEFICIAL QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Familiar with Kimball or Inmon reporting methods
- Thorough knowledge of advanced reporting principles, such as modeling many-to-many relationships and combining data of different grains
- Thorough knowledge of SSIS, SSAS, & SSRS
- Thorough knowledge of Data Warehouse (BI) Patterns and Practices, such as star and snowflake schema
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- This is a full-time position with benefits
- This role is located in our Bellevue, WA, headquarters. Candidates from the greater Seattle area are encouraged to apply, as this role is not eligible for relocation assistance.
- You must be authorized both now and in the future to work in the US without visa sponsorship
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision plan
- 401K with 100% employer matching up to 3.0% with a 3-year vesting period
- Competitive PTO Package
- Paid company holidays
- Competitive salary
- On-site fitness center and deli
- Free parking or transportation subsidy (ORCA)
- Tuition-reimbursement benefits
- Company-paid life insurance, short term and long-term disability benefits
- Access to green space and Bellevue Open Space Trail System
- Fun staff and team-building activities—anniversary party, lunches and seasonal events
We are fair, we are passionate, we appreciate excellence and we act as a team. We offer a dynamic, culturally diverse and fun environment in which people with energy, creativity and passion work together to deliver amazing product experiences for our customers. You will be part of a team where your insights and ideas are valued.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Seagull Scientific has a company culture that respects a diverse and unified team from a range of backgrounds whose different perspectives enrich our business. Everyone at Seagull is treated fairly, with respect, and is encouraged to voice their opinion.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Seagull Scientific Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.