In just a little over a decade, PitchBook has grown into a global organization with offices in Seattle, San Francisco, New York, London and Mumbai. With consistent high double-digit growth since 2009, the company has become the industry's leading source of private market data, serving more than 4,000 clients around the world.
As a five-time winner of the Best Workplaces in Washington award, PitchBook is committed to fostering an open, collaborative work environment driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. Our culture is at the heart of our success, and it's something we work on every day.
Our primary home for the last decade, PitchBook's Seattle office is located just blocks away from Pike Place Market and historic Pioneer Square. Our headquarters boast stunning mountain views, open collaboration spaces and a startup culture that emphasizes hard work and camaraderie. Working in our Seattle office means growing your career alongside smart, dedicated people in the city where it all began.
About the Role:
Our Research Analyst group is looking to hire an Analyst to join our venture team. As a valued team member you'll hone your existing analytical skills, develop meaningful insight into a fascinating industry, and contribute to our venture capital research. The notes and reports this team produces are utilized by many of the largest private capital investors, investment banks and service providers globally. Our team is creative, driven and focused on providing the most actionable research to our readers and clients.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Conduct research and analysis across the venture capital industry, as well as trends in venture debt markets, the innovation economy and other relevant spaces
- Establish research frameworks to provide independent commentary, evaluations and forecasts around our primary coverage areas, while identifying unique themes that may impact venture markets
- Utilize proprietary PitchBook data, newspapers, academic white papers, public and private company research notes, trade journals and economic indicator forecasts, etc. to inform and develop actionable analysis
- Manage research pipeline and analyst workflow
- Write and edit research reports as directed by team pipeline and publishing calendar
- Manage direct-to-client distribution channels for published notes
- Maintain and update research information resources
- Work closely with data analysis team to identify unique data points to support research, while also identifying insightful tables and graphs that can clearly illustrate that information
- Develop and manage relationships with both client and non-client industry professionals to help support primary research efforts
- Manage and respond to inquiries from clients, press, internal colleagues and the general public regarding published research
Skills and Qualifications:
- BA/BS in Finance, Business Administration or Economics preferred. Strong understanding of financial concepts such as valuation techniques (DCF, comps, etc.), market sizing, IRRs, asset allocations, fund benchmarks, KPIs etc.
- 1-3 years' experience in Equity Research, Investment Banking, Venture Capital, Private Equity or other related financial services role
- Strong interest in venture capital and growth equity
- Critical thinker
- Detail oriented / analytical mindset
- Strong writing ability
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excel proficiency
- Experience in SQL, PitchBook Platform &/or other financial databases a plus
At PitchBook, we provide transparency into the capital markets by organizing the world's meaningful business information and making it useful to our customers. We work tirelessly to arm global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape-including companies, investors, funds, investments, exits and people-so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. Our data and analysis are available through our award-winning flagship product, the PitchBook Platform, as well as our powerful suite of integrated tools, industry news and in-depth reports.
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.