Enablement Content Manager
Today, there is a chronic and pervasive customer data problem -- one that’s preventing some of the world’s most loved brands from understanding and engaging their customers through meaningful and captivating customer experiences. Amperity has invented a way to solve this problem with the horsepower of a distributed data infrastructure and the intelligence of bleeding-edge machine learning algorithms and techniques. Amperity frees, connects, and makes customer data usable so brands can create extraordinary customer experiences at scale. This approach unleashes the creative potential of Amperity users, allowing them to excel at what they do and bring their best ideas to life.
Amperity is an early stage technology company, venture-backed by the early investors of Amazon, Facebook, LinkedIn, Spotify, Concur, Flipkart and many more. Our team of successful, repeat entrepreneurs is focused on building a company comprised of top-tier talent and a suite of disruptive products that drive tremendous value for our customers and the consumers they serve.
- You will own Amperity’s product “documentation” to serve employees, partners and customers. Documentation may take a multi-media approach but will involve primarily the written word. Internal documentation is contained on a wiki, so you will foster a culture of contribution by many. You will partner with product managers who will contribute and maintain much of the content, ensuring that content is clean, consistent and effective.
- You will work with the Training Director to develop and polish training content for employees, partners and customers. This will include all modes of delivery: documentation, videos, labs, eLearning, etc. You will partner with the field and those delivering content to ensure that the content is effective and meets audience and trainer needs.
- Implement the content and training system that serves internal and external customers
- Contribute to the end to end content & technical training systems and program for the Amperity product
- Select our toolset and framework, and define our documentation and development process. Build for agility with a mindset of how to move fast now while scaling for the future.
- Partner directly with the product management team and make them part of the content creation process
- Deeply understand the customer experience and client use cases in Amperity, and use that understanding to develop documentation and training that accelerates implementation and usage
- Work directly with the product team to identify gaps and capabilities that dramatically simplify product implementation and usage
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in technical documentation or training positions
- You are part Technical Writer, part Instructional Designer and part eLearning Developer. You are a master of the written word with a focus on how it can be used to enable internal and external customers
- You have a passion for the written word as a work product. You have high standards for vocabulary and a POV on tone of narrative.
- Experience developing and managing video content to complement documentation
- Pride in curation and organization of materials
- Ability to interact directly with customers (internal and external) to understand pain points and develop content
- A strong desire to personally contribute to the work and manage the breadth and depth of the complete documentation and system
- A demonstrated success working in a fast-paced, swiftly-changing startup environment
- A demonstrated history of escalating success in your career
- Agile - ability to act with urgency to produce results quickly with an iterative approach to improvement. You put wins on the board for our customers quickly and repeatedly
- Organized - you have a natural ability to prioritize and you never drop the ball.
- Exceptional team working skills
- Gritty - you pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and keep driving towards your vision.
- You have an ownership mindset - you are a builder, not an operator
- A wide breadth of technical knowledge, with an eagerness to learn new technologies
- Experience writing about SQL and related database technologies
- Knowledge of cloud computing technologies (AWS, Azure) is an asset
- Experience with content development tools such as TechSmith Camtasia, Adobe Captivate and/or Articulate Storyline a plus
We offer all the benefits you’d expect from a “great place to work”. Transportation subsidies, 100% healthcare coverage, and a comfortable snack-laden work environment. Beyond the basics, we provide an inclusive environment where you’ll be challenged to find and unlock your full potential, surrounded by a team of world-class people driving for excellence.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.