Copy Editor, Custom Research & Publishing
In just a little over a decade, PitchBook has grown into a global organization with offices in Seattle, San Francisco, New York and London. With consistent high double-digit growth since 2009, the company has become the industry’s leading source of private market data, serving more than 3,000 clients around the world.
As a four-time winner of the Best Workplaces in Washington award, PitchBook is committed to fostering an open, collaborative work environment driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. Our culture is at the heart of our success, and it’s something we work on every day.
Our primary home for the last decade, PitchBook’s Seattle office has grown from humble beginnings in a 200-square-foot windowless room to our current three-floor home in a downtown skyscraper. Located just blocks away from Pike Place Market and historic Pioneer Square, our headquarters boast stunning mountain views, open collaboration spaces and a startup culture that emphasizes hard work and camaraderie. Working in our Seattle office means growing your career alongside smart, dedicated people in the city where it all began
About the Role
*Please submit a cover letter with your resume. Applications without cover letters will not be considered.
PitchBook is looking for a detail-oriented, positive and responsible team player with high initiative and superior communication skills to join our Publishing team. You will be responsible for editing and performing general quality assurance on PitchBook Editorial’s analyst content (especially emerging technology research slide decks), industry reports and custom content.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Ensure the accuracy, consistency and elegance of PitchBook content
- Coordinate with research analysts and custom research analysts to proof content
- Collaborate with advertising operations specialist to review sponsor-submitted content
- Generate ideas for improving and unifying writing styles
- Enforce publication standards per PitchBook’s style guides
- Collaborate with Publishing Manager to form and oversee editing processes
- Review online content for PitchBook News & Analysis
Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communicator
- Familiarity with business, financial markets and financial terminology
- Experience with Microsoft Suite (advanced Excel experience a plus) and Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to manage overlapping deadlines
- Four-year college degree
At PitchBook, we provide transparency into the capital markets by organizing the world’s meaningful business information and making it useful to our customers. We work tirelessly to arm global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape—including companies, investors, funds, investments, exits and people—so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. Our data and analysis are available through our award-winning flagship product, the PitchBook Platform, as well as our powerful suite of integrated tools, industry news and in-depth reports.
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.