About the Role:
RealSelf is looking for a Beauty Writer to play a pivotal role in creating a world-class editorial experience and pushing the brand into new content territory. Now is a perfect time to join our team, because we’re in the early stages of launching a disruptive new beauty editorial site and creating innovative new consumer resources.
The Beauty Writer must be passionate about modern beauty and aesthetics. This role gives you an opportunity to make a big difference in the company and help millions of people make smart, confident decisions about improving their body, face and smile.
The ideal candidate will be an ideas-filled, analytics-savvy, digital-obsessed person with a fun authentic voice and ability to turn around well-reported stories quickly.
In This Role, You Will:
- Pitch and write daily content (5-8 stories/week) for RealSelf’s new editorial site, including news, interviews, personal essays, service pieces and feature stories
- Stay atop beauty trends, launches, industry news, key opinion leaders and influencers
- Bring fresh and creative ideas to top-performing topics
- Continuously learn about our consumers’ needs and collaboratively develop new content experiences that meet them
- Skilled in reading metrics and making editorial decisions based on real time data
- Collaborate with SEO team to incorporate best practices in your writing
- Edit freelance writing for style and brand voice, as needed
Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Extraordinary writing and editing ability, with the talent to translate complex information into modern copy
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at once and consistently hit deadlines
- Proactive, solutions-oriented approach
- Strong attention to detail and work ethic
- BA/BS degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, Communications or a related field
- 3+ years of editorial writing experience, ideally in the beauty or health and wellness space
Travel is not anticipated for this role.
The RealSelf office sits in a historic Pioneer Square building. Employees also have the option to bring their dogs to work!
RealSelf.com is the leading consumer destination in the $32B US medical aesthetics market. We make it easy to get the information and deep support needed to make confident purchase decisions. Since 2006 our authentic stories, unbiased ratings, and expert answers from board-certified doctors have helped millions of people explore treatments and decisions that range from laser skin resurfacing to highly considered cosmetic surgery. With the backing of world-class investors we’re growing RealSelf into a global business with a broad range of services. Come join our super talented and passionate team!
Check out our realselflife Instagram account to keep up on company updates and learn more about life at RealSelf.
RealSelf is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.