Associate Video and Animation Producer
This job function will be responsible for working with the account managers, video production managers, and animation experts to schedule shoot dates, organize production crews, manage equipment, help facilitate the production process, and aid in motion design and execution for a variety of different deliverables. The applicant's involvement may be required at any point of the video or animation production process, including conceptualizing visual content and motion, storyboarding, designing visual assets, searching for logos or icons, and certainly creating movement. Collaboration and clear communication are crucial to this role. You will be responsible for finding potential issues in the process and bringing them to the attention of the team.
With a wide variety of productions to execute on, we will need you to be a comfortable and competent producer, willing to wear different hats. To help with our own internal video needs and for client based work we will need you to be able to occasionally assemble stories and throw together social projects. You should be able to film and edit projects, understand each aspect of that process including camera operation, sound recording, and editing within Adobe Premiere Pro. Animation deliverables could include 1–2-minute scripted animations, :15 animated social content, animated GIFs for social, animated banner ads for paid media.
The ideal candidate will have basic understanding of the video production and animation processes and be excited to learn how to facilitate and engage in all parts of the execution. This position requires a "can do" attitude, and the ability to focus and execute in a rapidly growing agency environment.
In a rapidly growing agency environment, this is your opportunity to work with a diverse and fun crew while turning out quality video content for our clients.
Specifically, this role will assist in the production, staging and recording of video and multi-media presentations. Assists in studio and location production and assists in the control of equipment and props. Able to shoot, edit and complete post-production of videos under supervision of Managing Producers. They will aid in the transportation of video cameras, computer video/audio recording hardware and software, audio mixers, microphones, make-up, lighting and other equipment for various location and in studio set ups. Operates cameras, video monitors and other audio-visual equipment on a needed basis. Loads digital media for video editing; completes video programs using Adobe Premiere Pro video editing software; participates in the scheduling and maintenance of equipment. They utilize Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop to create and design elements to be used in animation. Imports, edits, and creates motion in Adobe After Effects. They assist in the program quality and ensures that the quality of video production is maintained throughout the process.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a producer or project management role.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in professional editing software (Adobe Suite)
- A minimum of 2 years experience in professional animation software (Adobe After Effects).
- Proficiency designing, modifying, and preparing vector graphics for animation in Adobe Illustrator.
- Previous videography experience and proficiency operating cinema cameras and DSLRs.
- Basic sound editing/mixing knowledge
- A strong aptitude for new technology
- Ability to recommend visual and kinetic solutions, and unique frame transitions.
- Understanding of the animation process and confidence to alert team members of timeline impacts.
- The ability to manage schedules and connect the production process, through constant communication.
- Desire to learn and grow upon their own video production skill set.
- Self-directing, self-motivating, and able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Well organized and able to manage projects from concept to completion
- Ability to take constructive criticism and implement it.
- Experience and proven success in managing video productions of various sizes
- Demonstrated skill in the operation of digital video cameras, recording and editing software.
- Ability to set up basic lighting and properly frame and light shots.
- Understanding of field audio production.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience in video production in an educational or business setting.
- Demonstrated ability to be professional and organized.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office products, including Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Ability and willingness to collaborate with others on creative direction of projects.
- Demonstrated aptitude for managing budgets,
- Understand process and nuances of hiring and scaling crew and equipment based on need.
- Must be able to move heavy equipment as necessary.
- Provide 2 samples of videos you have either shot or produced entirely.
- Provide 2 samples of videos you have animated.
- Drawing/storyboarding (blocking, pacing, timing in accordance with script) capability a plus.